Are you yearning to take a major step forward in your life? Is something inside of you saying it’s time to get moving and make something happen?
And if you are a therapist or coach, do you have clients who trip on the step of moving insight into action?
Now is your chance.
Listen to our free call – like a taste of the whole course – and discover how:
- Seemingly small, ten-degree changes can have a profound impact on your life and can set in motion huge changes in the way you feel inside.
- You can use Focusing to guide you and keep you on track as you set and pursue goals that emerge from your innermost core.
*Limited time discount offer available on the March 11th call!
Our Next Class
This workshop is not currently scheduled. Please contact us if you are interested in being informed when this workshop goes on the schedule.
What the Class Includes
- Five one-hour-and-thirty-minute meetings for a total of 7.5 hours of class time.
- Focusing partnership in between class meetings to practice skills and exercises taught in class.
- Access to digital recordings of every class so you’ll be able to download them and listen to anything you want to hear again.
- A private web page where you can access homework, recordings, and other important class information from any web browser.
- Email and/or phone support in case you have questions or need extra help.
About the Course
This unique course is a laboratory in which we’ll explore together the intersection of Focusing and action for ourselves and our clients. In the first class we’re going to listen to our Inner Voice and Larger Self to choose a project – the growth that our organism is saying is right for us right now. Then we’re going to use Focusing and Inner Voice techniques, as well as partnership exercises and group support, to create “action experiments” to actively and intentionally move us forward, step by “Focused” step, in the project we’ve chosen.
This fun, interactive, and challenging course will offer you a process and set of valuable skills to noticeably make progress in pursuing your goals and dreams – and, if you are a therapist or coach, to bring it to your clients. Let’s find out what happens when we spend five weeks really listening and following the voice inside that wants something new. Who knows where it may lead?
What We’ll Be Doing
- Sensing your goals and “change projects” from the inside out
- Exploring action as “a part of you”
- Learning how the neuro-biological drives for expansion and security interact, and how to prevent these two drives from canceling each other out
- Discovering the power of 10 degree changes
- Experiencing how action and Focusing inform each other
Experience the potency of witnessing and structured support.
About the Teacher
Helene Brenner, PhD, is a Focusing-oriented therapist and trainer who has worked for 25 years as a psychologist in private practice with a very diverse clientele. She is director of Women’s Counseling and Psychological Services in Frederick, MD.
Helene is the author of I Know I’m In There Somewhere: A Woman’s Guide to Finding Her Inner Voice Living A Life of Authenticity, (Penguin USA, 2003). She has led numerous workshops, including at the Omega Institute, Kripalu Center, and the Washington National Cathedral and conducts Following Your Inner Voice telegroups for women.
How Online Courses Work
We use Zoom, an online video conference platform, to connect you to other students and the teacher. Before the class starts you will receive a Zoom link to use each time the class meets. You can join us via your camera-equipped computer, tablet, or smart phone. Prefer not to be on video? You can turn off your camera. Don’t want to call via computer? You can call in by phone. Zoom is free and easy to use. You will be able to sign on in advance to make sure you can access it, but we’ve had very few problems with it. Students also receive access to a private webpage where course materials can be found.
Continuing Education Credit
Due to changes in how continuing education units are granted in California, CEUs are not provided for this workshop. We can provide you with documentation of hours and learning objectives which can be submitted for approval by your local licensing board.
Path to Lasting Change, Part One with any Inner Relationship Focusing teacher.
Cancellations, Changes & Refunds
Up to 14 days before the first day of class: Just let us know and we'll refund your course fee. Or you can choose to apply the entire course fee towards a future class with us.
Cancellations received 13 days or fewer before class begins: No refund, sorry.