Do you sabotage yourself?
Is there something you need to do, but you don’t do it?
Are there parts of your life that stay stuck no matter how hard you try?
Wouldn’t it be great to get past the stuck places and move forward with consistency and ease?
When we’re dealing with stuck places and blocks to action, compassion is the answer. Yes, having compassion for what feels like an impossible internal standoff might seem counterintuitive and yet, it is the most consistent way I’ve found to move forward. Let me explain…
Years ago, I wanted to write and I couldn’t. I longed to write. In fact, I knew that writing books was my life purpose, and until I could do it, I would never move forward. But writing was either very hard or simply impossible. I procrastinated. I distracted myself. I did anything but write. Or, if I did manage to get myself to sit down to write, I stared at the blank computer screen until my head ached.
I tried writer’s workshops, writing partners, free writing, writing in the morning, writing at night…I tried everything. Nothing worked.
One day, in desperation, I did something I’d never done before. I assumed there must be a part of me that didn’t want to write. I used a Focusing process to invite it in and get to know it better. I learned so much about change and the ability to move forward that day. By the end, I even felt grateful to the stuckness! Today, writing is part of my livelihood – four books, two manuals, numerous articles…writing is easy. It flows and I find it as fun as I always knew it could be.
As I’ve worked with hundreds of people on their blocks to action, I’ve found that this process works for all sorts of stuck places (not just writing), really any area where there is something you want to do but don’t do it. What I discovered is that there is almost always a part that is “not wanting” to take action and there is always some good reason for the way the stuck part feels.
The trick is learning how to listen to that good reason with compassion and curiosity, because once you do, the blocked flow gets moving again. And it’s not uncommon to discover that what you thought you wanted was a small piece of a much larger possibility that you couldn’t even begin to see from inside your stuckness!
Whether you’re struggling to exercise or change your eating habits, can’t seem to make time for self-care, long to pursue a dream but can’t get any traction, or have another sort of stuck action, I’d love to show you how to work with what’s blocking you so you can move forward.
Ann Weiser Cornell
What you’ll gain from this audio set:
- An experiential way to identify the parts of you who don’t want to do it (whatever your blocked action is).
- The capacity to listen, without judgment, to your blocked places so can discover the good reason why they’re blocking you.
- A remarkable shift in language that brings hope and possibility to even the most stuck situations.
- A series of moves designed to release the dynamic that holds action blocks in place.
- A clear set of alternatives to beating yourself up when you’re trapped in the dynamics of an action block.
Ann Weiser Cornell struggled with addiction, social anxiety, and an inability to do one of the things she most wanted to do – write.
Ann created Inner Relationship Focusing with her long-time colleague, Barbara McGavin, to help alleviate the thinking and feeling cycles that kept her stuck in hard places. It changed her life, and it became her mission to help others create quiet miracles in their lives too.
For over 35 years now, Ann’s been teaching this practical, revolutionary process to people all over the world. With her Releasing Blocks to Action audio set, you get the benefit of Ann’s expertise and the chance to practice the simple, yet revolutionary process of Focusing with her gentle, compassionate guidance.
This audio set is for you if:
- You’re not sure what’s stopping you, but you’re stuck and frustrated.
- You feel Impatient or reluctant when you think about the things you want to do in your life.
- You find it hard to get motivated and even harder to stay motivated.
- You keep second-guessing your choices and end up lost in a never-ending loop of self-doubt.
- You’ve tried willpower and the just-try-harder approach and it only makes things worse.
- You want a gentle, compassionate way to work with stuck parts of your life.
- It’s portable, so you can take it with you wherever you go.
- Includes guided exercises to help you drop in when you need extra support
Tired of telling yourself to ‘just do it’? Starting to notice how that gets you nowhere, and worse, leaves you full of shame and self-criticism? Want to find a blame-free way to move forward?
Discover a more compassionate source of self-motivation that really works. Find out how with the Releasing Blocks to Action Audio Set!
New to Focusing?
Please note: This audio set does not offer instruction in the Inner Relationship Focusing process, and best results will be obtained by people who have Focusing training. See our Path to Lasting Change, Part One or one-to-one sessions for more on how learning Focusing can support your process of releasing blocks.
Available as MP3s.
Total Length: 6 hours 8 minutes
File Size: 410.3 MB
Note: The audio was recorded during an actual phone seminar and have been edited. Sound quality may vary.
About Digital Downloads
If you purchase the digital download version, you’ll receive an email after checkout with a link to download the MP3s to your computer.
*Please Note: Each purchased digital copy is licensed to one individual for personal use only.