Focusing Changes Lives. We believe you can reach your fullest potential!
Since 1992, we’ve been creating quiet miracles by teaching people Inner Relationship Focusing.
Learn this powerful, research-based practice – you can even do it on your own – and get back in touch with the emotional wisdom of your body. Get started now.
Visit our Trainings Overview page now to see a complete listing of all of our upcoming courses.
Are you longing for more peace inside, less self-criticism and self-analyzing? Take our upcoming course, Radical Gentleness, with Ann Weiser Cornell
May 7 to June 4, 2014 (skip May 21)
4 Wednesdays; 4:00 – 6:30 PM Pacific Time
Move through and beyond your core issues with our upcoming course.
April 29 to June 3, 2014
(skip May 13)
5 Tuesdays; 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM Pacific Time
Designed for people with advanced Focusing skills, our six-day retreats bring powerful, transformational change to any inner struggle.
Where: Join us at Charney Manor in Oxfordshire, UK
Dates: June 14-20, 2014
Learn to stay centered within yourself while connecting with another. Discover how Self-in-Presence can grow with each step you take.
May 16 to May 18, 2014
In Madrid, Spain
Our course Philosophy, Focusing, & Changing the World with Eugene Gendlin & Ann Weiser Cornell is now available as a 5-week course on CDs
5 full-length audio CDs: $79.95
Sign Up Here!
Try our free e-course.
Download our FREE 5-day e-course and learn how to Get Bigger Than What’s Bugging You. You CAN change your life to be calmer, more manageable, and a lot more fun!
Five simple, empowering skills come in five lessons that you can practice immediately. You can go at your own pace, and share the course freely with your family and friends.
Get Started with
The Focusing Training Program
Wouldn’t it be great to have a respectful, body-based process for change that really works, that YOU can learn, that YOU can have with you every day of your life, for yourself, for family and friends? You can.
Get started on your journey toward living your fullest life.Move Forward Today
Have a One-to-One Session with
Ann Weiser Cornell
Ann Weiser Cornell, author of The Power of Focusing and The Radical Acceptance of Everything, is offering Focusing sessions on a limited schedule. Ann has been guiding people in Focusing since 1980 and is one of the most well-known Focusing practitioners in the world. Book a session today (either in-person at our Berkeley office or by phone/Skype)!Book a Session
Empower Your Clients
with our Healing Professionals Programs
Whether by phone or in person, you’ll learn an experiential, client-centered, body-oriented process of self-awareness and emotional healing that you can immediately bring into your work. Inner Relationship Focusing (IRF) is a proven method for emotional healing and life change, developed by Ann Weiser Cornell and Barbara McGavin from the Focusing work of Eugene Gendlin. Click on one of the links below to learn how Focusing can transform your practice.
|Join Us By Phone||Visit Us In Person
Become a Certified
Would you like to build a profession teaching Focusing one-to-one and to groups, or bring Focusing into your professional setting, or to your family and community?
Becoming a Certified Focusing Teacher/Practitioner is a possibility for someone from any walk of life. You do not need to be a therapist or have other formal credentials in order to become a Focusing Teacher/Practitioner.More About Certification
- Focusing has changed my life! Now I am able to navigate the highs and lows of everyday living .... especially of course the lows. I am able to put into perspective those feelings that would taken me over, recognizing them as coming from parts (or somethings in me) that want to be heard and acknowledged. In that process, I can almost always find my sense of self, or felt sense, of a positive being with a purpose. That's how powerful the Focusing process has become for me.~
- "Since I have been Focusing, I have become more aware of the vague signals my body sends me. That first twinge of discomfort in certain situations, or that simple sense of joy around some people. In fact, I feel like I have developed a close relationship with my inner self (child) through Focusing. I like that, it makes me feel more complete."~ Marie Napoli
- "I found myself going into an important meeting carrying anger and frustration over an incident with another person. Through a rather brief process with Ann I found that I could find the place in my body where anger resided, remove it and resolve not to permit it back in. I attended the meeting with clear, calm attention. In addition it has been months and I have not been encumbered by that incident."~ Jerry
- "I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the priceless gift of Focusing. The difference it has made in my life -- and continues to make -- is phenomenal. It has opened up many doors for me and there is a great deal of power behind those doors. ... For the first time I can look at what is inside of me and answer some of the problems I’ve been tripping over for so long. And through it I am learning to love and appreciate myself. I like to think of Focusing as the flower that shattered the stone."~ Larry Stearns
- "This is a wonderful process -- it’s real, it’s simple, you don’t need to be an expert to do it. It’s very empowering"~ Jeffrey Mishlove
- “Thank you so much for nurturing focusing along and creating such a beautifully accessible way to learn it. I think it is not only best thing since sliced bread.... it is the best thing since bread itself. Thank you, thank you!.”~ Nora Wayman