How can you bring peace to the inner wars that are in the way of having the life you want?
I’ve spent most of my life teaching, exploring, and writing about the mysteries of emotional process, including:
- The paradox of how we become more whole by acknowledging our parts
- How the most despised places in us contain our greatest treasure
- How the body’s felt sense, held in a compassionate state of Presence, is the key to change
In fact, the story of my evolution as a Focuser unfolds in the pages of The Radical Acceptance of Everything. You’ll get an inside look at where I started, what transformed, how hard I found Focusing at first, how I became a teacher almost by accident, and what influenced my Focusing teaching to evolve and transform in the precise ways that it did. My prejudices and passions appear on every page.
In this book, I’ve compiled key writings from over the course of three decades. The pieces selected offer you a window into my personal thoughts and feelings about the process of Focusing, as it unfolded in my life. My intention is that the personal nature of these articles helps you connect to the concepts and methods presented.
I set out to create a book that identified some of the ways we get lost in inner wars and how we can cultivate radical self-acceptance to bring peace to the places that ache inside. I wanted it to be accessible to both the seeker of personal change and the professional who wants to be more effective working with others, and I think I succeeded. The Radical Acceptance of Everything has something for you if:
- You’d like to deepen your understanding of Focusing
- You’re looking to cultivate more self-compassion
- You’d like to fine-tune your skills with facilitative language
- You’re a teacher wanting to explore new ways of talking or thinking about Focusing
What you’ll gain from this book:
- A road map of what it means to live a Focusing life.
- Clear, specific examples of what an inner relationship can look like as a conversation unfolds between you, as Self-in Presence, and a “something in you” that needs your Presence.
- An understanding of how some aspects of our experience get exiled and why it’s so important to invite them back in again.
- An inside look at the “third way” that is so essential to Focusing – a way where you are neither identifying nor dissociating from your emotional experiences
This Book is for You If:
- You’re involved in your own emotional healing and wanting more radical self-acceptance in your life.
- You want to go deeper into the remarkable process of Focusing or add to your understanding of Focusing if you’re new to it.
- You’re a Focusing teacher interested in how you can be facilitative to the wonderful variety of people you encounter while remaining true to yourself.
About the Four Newer Articles
“Ann Weiser Cornell has been teaching for many years in many countries and is well known worldwide. In her previous book and her manuals she has created new specific and accessible instructions for Focusing as well as for the teachers of Focusing. In person and through her students and writings she has given Focusing to far more people than any other single individual. She is a powerful force in making the world better. She has gone on to create different new processes in new dimensions, which are included in this book.”
— Eugene Gendlin, author of Focusing
“No one teaches or explains Focusing with more beauty, grace or clarity than Ann Weiser Cornell. The Radical Acceptance of Everything does more than explain profound concepts simply and beautifully: from the very first page, it invokes the very state of Presence that it describes. Whether you are a beginning Focuser or have been Focusing for years, The Radical Acceptance of Everything is sure to deepen and enrich your Focusing experience.”
— Helene G. Brenner, author of I Know I’m in There Somewhere
“I have always had a lot of respect for Focusing but saw a gap between it and Internal FamilySystems in terms of appreciation of the multiplicity of the mind and qualities of Self. In this intriguing collection of articles, Ann Weiser Cornell describes in a very personal and readable way her groundbreaking journey with her colleague Barbara McGavin that narrows the gap. I endorse their resulting approach heartily and embrace them as kindred spirits on this road toward the radical acceptance of everything.”
— Richard Schwartz, author of Internal Family Systems Therapy
“This book, The Radical Acceptance of Everything, has done more for me than I can put into words. I knew nothing about Focusing and it still was a life-changing experience just reading it. It was the emotional mental shift in perspective I needed.”
— Joshua Fairfield, energy healer, Las Vegas NV
La Aceptación Radical de Todo
Purchase the Spanish translation of The Radical Acceptance of Everything directly from Focusing Resources, as a PDF file.
$23.95 (Digital Download PDF)ADD TO CART
Die Kunst des Annehmens: Leben und Arbeiten mit Focusing, available from Amazon.de.
Also available as an e-book from these online retailers:
Bookstores and vendors should order The Radical Acceptance of Everything from one of our distributors:
Baker & Taylor
Baker & Taylor
To order by phone call, 1-800-775-1800 in the US
Online sales: www.btol.com/ts3
To order by phone, call 1-770-948-7845 in the US
Online sales: www.newleaf-dist.com
Please note: Bookstore and vendor orders placed directly through Focusing Resources are payable at the time of service (no purchase orders). No resale or quantity discounts apply to orders for The Radical Acceptance of Everything placed through Focusing Resources.