Yes, You CAN Get Unstuck
Move Your Life Forward with our Six Week Interactive Video Course
Do you struggle to get past blocks to what you really want for your life?
Do stressful situations leave you lost in patterns of overwhelm and overreaction?
Do you live in fear of setting off the critic inside your head?
You Don’t Have to Keep Repeating the Same Old Patterns and Getting the Same Old Results.
Break Free From What’s Been Holding You Back – Even If It Feels Like You’ve Been Stuck Forever…
How Your Life is Going to Change
Have More Self-Acceptance
and Less Self-Criticism
Be Calmer in Times of Stress
Release Blocks to Taking Action
Make Decisions More Easily
A Personal Message From Ann…
I remember when I first learned the Focusing process. I was 22 years old, confused, full of longing and anxiety, and very out of touch with myself. I came from a family background where I was supposed to put the needs and feelings of other people above my own. Learning Focusing from Eugene Gendlin saved my life… and I’m grateful every day.
Maybe you are on a path like mine. Maybe you want to reclaim your right to know what you feel, get past your blocks, make decisions from your whole self, and stop feeling ashamed and bad about yourself. Maybe you want to live a much larger life than the one you’re currently living!
I created the SHIFT course for people just like you. In SHIFT, you step into my video classroom and I take you through learning Focusing in simple steps. I’ll help you learn how to pause and get a larger sense of what’s happening in the moment (in Focusing we call that a felt sense), bring acceptance to the things you experience throughout your day (feelings, thoughts, etc) , and apply the process of Focusing to decisions, releasing blocks, inner critics, and more.
The videos are pre-recorded… but I will be there live as you take the course, reading and responding to you every day!
Could you use more calm and more joy in your life? Join me for SHIFT.
Radical Change Doesn’t Have to Be Hard
You Can Get Started in 3 Simple Steps
Learn a revolutionary and research-based process for change that taps into your body’s wisdom, and uses that wisdom to discover the exact right way forward for you.
There are six weekly modules.
Each module introduces one or two new skills, as well as a clear practical way that you can use that skill in your life.
How this course works:
Be Supported In Your Process!
You won’t be going it alone! You’ll have access to a forum to chat with other students, plus access to Ann for parts where you might feel stuck.
Available at Your Convenience!
You can move through this course as quickly or slowly as you like. You’ll also have lifetime access to the material, so you can revisit it anytime.
This course includes a beautiful PDF workbook to help you integrate your learning. There will also be checkpoints during the course to checkin on your progress.
Hear From a Satisfied Student…
I’ve taken many courses over the years, including multiple online courses, and nothing has come close to the clear and inspiring guidance and consistent support that I’ve received from SHIFT.
– Julie Masters
Are You Ready to SHIFT?
The SHIFT Interactive Video Course
We believe in this work so much that we guarantee it. Check out our Money Back Promise here.
What Happens When You Order
Click the Add to Cart button above and you’ll be taken to your secure order page.
Login to Your Account
Complete your order and set up your free account with Ruzuku, our online course provider.
Begin Your Course
Once you’re in Ruzuku you can access your program and get started.
Imagine Life Without Music
What if all the music in the world suddenly vanished?
No music in your car on a long drive, no songs to soothe your heart after a loss, no joyful sing-alongs or dancing with friends. No more soulful lyrics to mirror your life experiences.
How would that impact your life?
Would it be lonelier or less connected? Would there be less room for self-expression? Would life be harder?
A life without Focusing is also harder than it has to be.
I used to struggle with addiction, feeling unworthy, and the inability to express my fuller potential in life. I thought I had to be a certain way to be okay and that led to stress, indecision, and painful choices that can’t ever be undone.
Then I discovered Focusing and over time, life got better. With Focusing, I recovered from my addiction, found a clear, calm state of being I could live from, and grew a business that’s sustained my life for over four decades.
I stopped second guessing myself and criticizing myself. I was no longer stressed out making important decisions. I began to enjoy life and made it my life’s work to bring this same kind of relief and freedom to others.
That’s why I created SHIFT, so you can experience the radically simple skill of Focusing and start living a calmer, clearer, more peaceful and productive life.
We believe in Focusing and we believe that if you complete SHIFT, you will experience meaningful benefits in your life. That’s why we can confidently say that if you finish the SHIFT course, and you don’t feel it helped you, we’ll be happy to give you your money back.
Is there any time limit to the money-back guarantee?
Well, our accountants wouldn’t like it if we left that open forever, so let’s say within one year of purchasing the course.
What People Are Saying
- Mary Baker"Since completing SHIFT, I'm getting so much more done because of the sections on decision making and blocks to action!"
- Renee D."Now that I've completed the SHIFT course, I've become more aware of how to listen deeply to the ways in which my body communicates - ways that are much more holistic than simply trying to "figure out" my next steps. There is so much more wisdom and guidance accessible through Focusing than through our usual ways of approaching life."
- Holly H."SHIFT helped me learn to be more compassionate with myself. I've had chronic migraines for over 26 years, and another chronic illness that keeps me housebound. There's lots of time for my inner critic to be on the attack, comparing my life now to what it should be or what I'd always dreamt it would be. Focusing helps me deal with right now, and that's where I need to be. Self-love and self-compassion are much more "life forward transformative energies," as Ann calls them, than self-defamation. Now, that's what I choose - self-love and moving forward for sure!"
- Elizabeth H., Counsellor UK"I knew SHIFT made a difference for me when I realized how much it helped me with something that seemed small but intractable: my rather cramped and untidy desk space! I hadn't even noticed how much this irritated me and hindered me from working until my Focusing session about it. The sense of it came to me like an unruly dog bouncing around out of control. Further Focusing showed me how this was connected to my past and something shifted inside. It really made a difference to how I feel about sitting down at my desk to work!Thanks, Ann."
- Julie Masters"I've taken many courses over the years, including multiple online courses, and nothing has come close to the clear and inspiring guidance and consistent support that I've received from SHIFT. Ann's teaching style is so very warm and approachable. Her videos are like a live individual version of Self in Presence. I know that I'll continue to receive value with every listening--this definitely isn't the kind of course that you complete and then you're done with it!"
- Rebecca"I am continually astounded by, and grateful for, the incredibly high-quality learning experiences everyone at Focusing Resources provides. I appreciated the well-broken down, actionable building blocks that make up the SHIFT course. Ann’s warm, compassionate, authentic presence and her accessibility to students helped make SHIFT a really great course."
- Jill Benet, Retreat Leader“I loved the simplicity and clarity of SHIFT - the to-the-pointness of it. I can’t tell you how much I appreciated this course. I’m already going back to do the exercises again.”
- Ozlem Mavis“I really appreciated exploring the ways we can use Focusing in daily life challenges. SHIFT made Focusing so tangible for me.”
- Ronald van Oosten“Ann is wonderful, warm, kind, authentic, and very clear. I appreciated the overall structure of SHIFT and the step-by-step development of ideas alongside the incorporation of different styles of learning.”
- Diane W."I really enjoyed the SHIFT course. I'm drawn to this way of working because it's eminently practical, accessible and I can get on with it on my own."
- Steve Silverton"I've been focusing since the 1990s when I discovered it via my psychotherapy training. Nonetheless, I found SHIFT to be a really useful refresher - so clear - as if you distilled the essence of your approach and made it readily accessible. Thank you. I continue to learn and grow through this, and it's become exciting again!"
- Rachel Keogh"You make it all so simple, gentle, and fun!"
- Marien Edgard Bemi-NgBall"SHIFT is really changing my life perspective. I am convinced that Focusing is becoming and will definitely become a trusted part of my life."
- Cassandra"Even though I've done the levels and attended a Treasure Maps retreat, I still got so much out of SHIFT. It was much more than a refresher course, although it was that, but it was also a wonderful learning experience in itself."
- Susan Kent"I've been attempting to Focus on my own for many years but it wasn't until now, with SHIFT, that I've really been able to do it and feel like it really is part of my life and will be from now on. I have all of your books, most of your newsletters, and several of your CD's but this was what brought it all together for me. Thank you for your wonderful work, Ann."
- Julie C."I am enjoying SHIFT. It comes in nice bite size pieces, which I really like. I can go through each module throughout the week and then go back and repeat as many times as I like. I'm happy that you use ordinary words, and don't over complicate with jargon or scary technical terms so that all of me gets what you're talking about. I've also noticed a desire to work out more often and have tried out boot camp style classes, which before I always claimed to hate but recently have found that they might actually be tolerable. So I put that down to something shifting in me since starting the course. I definitely feel more energized and perhaps more supported. I'm very glad you created this course, Ann. It feels good to have you there and if feels good to know there's a whole community of like minded people there as well."
Is SHIFT a Focusing course?
Yes, it is. With SHIFT, you’ll learn how to do Focusing for yourself. It’s a great place to get started, refresh your skills if you’ve been away for a while, or learn how to apply Focusing to specific areas of your life.
How do I know this will work for me?
Focusing works. Time and again, I’ve watched people transform their lives with this simple process that you can access whenever and wherever you need it. You’ll find the steps are really clear and straightforward. We’ll give you everything you need to get started. If you do the practice part, then you’ll watch your relationship to life SHIFT towards more ease, joy, and contentment.
How am I going to fit this into my life right now?
The great news is that you can take this course whenever it works for you. You get content when you want it, plus lifetime access. No stressing out about being somewhere on time. Way less pressure to move through the material at a pace that might not fit for you. The lessons are compact and set up so that you can do them in small bites or big chunks depending on your learning style and your availability.
Really, how much time is it going to take me to get through each lesson?
There are six lessons. Each lesson has an intro, some teaching content, and exercises you can work through to practice, practice, practice. You can expect to spend about 1 to 1½ hours a week working through the content and making time to use the skills in your day-to-day life.
Do I get access to the course all at once?
No. You’ll have access to the first Module of the course as soon as you sign up. Every 7 days, you’ll get a new module released to you. We provide the content in ‘small bites’ like this because we really want you to get the SHIFT that’s possible each week. Taking time to practice the material and move forward in small, consistent steps supports you in making the kinds of SHIFTs you really want to make.
But what if I want it all at once?
Of course, “get it all now” or “get it done” are kind of natural human impulses and as an experienced teacher, I also know that learning on the fast track rarely works out the way we think it will (especially with trainings where we’re trying to learn a new way of being). You could wait out the six weeks of paced content and zip through it all at once. Though, I’d encourage you not to because I want you to get all that you can from SHIFT.
Tell me more about the classroom environment and how course content is provided?
Sure. The classroom is virtual and taught in a learning platform called Ruzuku. Each week you’ll receive an email letting you know a new module is available. Materials are provided via a combination of video, audio slideshows, and written content to cover a variety of learning styles. There is a forum so you can connect with other program participants and be part of a dynamic learning community. And you get lifetime access to all of it. Go through it once and come back anytime you need some extra support to handle life!
Can my friend and I share the course?
Thanks for asking. Each course is licensed to a single user – you! While we can’t authorize you to share the materials, we’d love to have your friend participate too. And we’ll make it super sweet for you. Sign up for our affiliate program, and you can earn commission every time a friend signs up. Get enough friends on board and you could earn enough back to get the course for free!
What if I've already completed Path to Lasting Change, Part One (or higher)? Is this still for me?
Yes! Although we designed this course to start from knowing nothing about Focusing, many experienced Focusers have told us they found it valuable. One of them called it “…an excellent beginning for the newbie, and an excellent refresher for the more experienced.” We think you will enjoy the weekly structure, the guided exercises, and the applications of Focusing to: releasing blocks to action, working with inner critics, and facilitating decision-making.
About Your Guide
Ann created Inner Relationship Focusing with her long-time colleague, Barbara McGavin, to help alleviate the thinking and feeling cycles that kept her stuck in hard places. It changed her life, and it became her mission to help others create quiet miracles in their lives too.
For over 35 years now, Ann’s been teaching this practical, revolutionary process to people all over the world. She is the author of Focusing in Clinical Practice: The Essence of Change, Presence: A Guide to Transforming Your Most Challenging Emotions, and The Radical Acceptance of Everything. Ann learned Focusing from its originator, Eugene Gendlin, in 1972, and worked closely with him for years. Today, Ann is internationally recognized as one of the leading innovators and theoreticians of Focusing. She has taught Focusing in twenty countries, and her Focusing books and manuals have been translated into eleven other languages.