Are you determined to resolve what’s in the way of your own growth and the life you know is possible?
Focusing Level Two supports you in deepening your experience with Focusing and being a Focusing partner. If you’d like Focusing to get easier and bring more change in your life…
Courses offered 4 times per year starting in February, May, September, and November.
What People Are Saying
“I loved Level Two, and Lucinda was amazing. I feel as though I’m finding something I intuited was missing my whole life. This is definitely part of my path.”
– Dorothy Knowles, Counselor, Douglas City, CA
About the Course
You CAN be the one in charge of your change process… and your change process can build on your strengths, help you be stronger, calmer, more able to deal with your life.
Wouldn’t it be great to have a respectful, body-based process for change that really works, that YOU can learn, that YOU can have with you every day of your life, for yourself, for family and friends? You can.
Combined with the Focusing Training Program, our Healing Professionals Track provides additional audio and video content specifically tailored for Healing Professionals (HPs) who want to bring Focusing into their work with clients. Click the link above (opens in a new window) for more information.
The second course in the Focusing Training Program supports you in deepening your experience with Focusing and being a Focusing partner in many ways, including:
- more tips and practice in cultivating Self-in-Presence, the ability to be compassionately larger than your difficult emotions
- more ways to help your Focusing partners be Self-in-Presence as well
- a supported process for coming into body awareness at the start of the session, called “Leading In,” that you can give to and receive from your Focusing partner
- more about the “edge,” that place where what is unclear becomes clear, and how that is the key to transformation
- support in getting the most out of your Focusing process, especially in the places where you know it could go further but it isn’t
- “advanced listening” skills for helping your partner get a felt sense when starting with an issue, for helping your partner stay with the present moment, and more
About the Teacher
Lucinda is a gifted, warm teacher who inspires and connects in order to bring out the life-forward direction in each of her students. She has been working closely with Ann Weiser Cornell for many years. She has over 20 years of experience as a teacher and as a healing professional. She is also a world traveler with a gift for connecting with people of many cultures.
The manual for Focusing Level Two is The Focusing Student’s and Companion’s Manual, Part One, Sections 4 (Dwelling at the Edge), 5 (The Power of Presence), 6 (Becoming Companions). The manual will be available for download on the private class webpage for anyone who doesn’t already have it from Level One. Additional course materials like Exercise Sheets and handouts will also be available via the private class webpage.
- more supported practice with partners
- more exercises and handouts
- more opportunities for questions and discussion
- Five two hour meetings
- Up to one hour of Focusing partnership each week to further develop your Focusing skills
- A class roster with contact information so you can connect with your assigned partners each week to practice the skills you’re learning during class
- Access to recordings of every class – as digital downloads that are yours to keep forever
- A private web page where you can access homework, recordings, helpful video content, and other important class information from any web browser
- Email and/or phone support from the teacher and the class assistants if you have questions
If you've had Focusing Level One but not with an IRF teacher, click here.
If you’ve had Focusing Level One but not with an IR teacher, what can you do? You could take our Level One at the repeating rate of $195, and you’re welcome to do that… but if you don’t want to take that much time, we have an alternative, a “fast track” so to speak, and that is to take a Level One tutorial.
The Level One tutorial is specifically designed for people who have taken a Focusing Level One course but need to get the special Inner Relationship aspects of the training… which are significant, and will contribute in important ways to the success of your Level Two.
The tutorial is composed of two one-hour meetings at $100 per meeting, and these are scheduled at mutually agreeable times. NOTE: This is a special low fee; use the coupon code FR20 to receive this fee.
Included in this price are all handouts and crib cards needed for the tutorial.
Currently the following Focusing teacher is authorized to offer the Level One tutorial:
Want to refresh your Level Two skills by repeating the course at a discount?
If you’ve had Focusing Level Two (with us or with another Inner Relationship Focusing teacher) but find you’re needing to brush up on skills you learned or get process reminders for your partnership practice, you can repeat Level Two for just $195. Just email us to request the repeat fee discount code.
How Online Courses Work
We use Zoom, an online video conference platform, to connect you to other students and the teacher. Before the class starts you will receive a Zoom link to use each time the class meets. You can join us via your camera-equipped computer, tablet, or smart phone. Prefer not to be on video? You can turn off your camera. Don’t want to call via computer? You can call in by phone. Zoom is free and easy to use. You will be able to sign on in advance to make sure you can access it, but we’ve had very few problems with it. Students also receive access to a private webpage where course materials can be found.
Level One with any Inner Relationship Focusing teacher
Continuing Education Credit & Course Completion Certificate
Course meets the qualifications for 12 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Focusing Resources, CAMFT Approved CE Provider #62524
Focusing Resources is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs. Focusing Resources maintains responsibility for this course and its content.
There is a $25 administrative fee for CE units. Course completion certificates are awarded at the end of the course upon completion of all requirements and the course evaluation. (If you don’t want CE units but would like a completion certificate, the $25 fee does still apply.)
Eligibility for CE units requires at least 80% live attendance. If you miss a class, it must be made up.
Cancellations, Changes & Refunds
Up to 5 days before the first day of class: We will refund your course fee less a $35 cancellation fee. Avoid the cancellation fee by applying the entire course payment towards a future class. Changing your registration to a later offering of the same course must also occur 5 days prior to the beginning of class.
Cancellations received 4 days or fewer before class begins: No refund. Changing your registration within this window results in a $75 fee.
When Something Doesn't Go As You'd Hoped...
We are always open to discussing experiences with our courses that didn’t work for you or didn’t go the way you expected. Depending on the circumstances, you may want to email your course instructor, the staff member in charge of your course, or Ann Weiser Cornell. Email addresses for all these people will be supplied on registration. We will work with you to find a way to meet your needs.
- J.H."Now that I've completed Level Two, I know that whenever I feel confused, overwhelmed, troubled, or stuck, I know what to do, right away. I have a way of being very gentle and allowing. I trust that any problem or issue I may have contains its own resolution. I only need to bring my awareness to it in a Focusing way and be patient. The more I practice Focusing myself, and use it with my clients, the more I see how freeing and impactful it is. Focusing feels like a subtle technology for allowing what is alive in me to move forward in the way IT needs to."
- Lyn S. Felix, LCSW"I feel my focusing practice took a significant leap in Level 2. Not only was the material helpful, clear and easy to use, but the regularity and consistency of weekly partnership became an important part of my life. Experiencing this with the wonderful students I met in the class has enriched me and we continue our Focusing relationship. Our teacher and assistants made each class a great learning laboratory. The lessons, demonstrations and discussions were so valuable. I feel inspired to go further in the focusing classes as part of my personal and professional continuing education."
- Carolyn Branson, Falmouth, Maine"I was amazed by how organized and clear the format for class was. I've taken a number of phone seminars, and this was the most well organized. I found Lucinda's teaching style engaging, thought-provoking, and inspiring. The course content (Focusing) has been very impactful in my life. Thank you!
I am also grateful to have access to a stellar training like this over the phone. As the Mom of twin 4 year olds, pursuing professional development is not as easy as it once was. Thank you for all you do to make this work accessible to many."
- Katherine Dreyer, Founder & CEO of ChiLiving, Asheville, NC
"Learning Focusing through the Level One and Two courses with Lucinda has been one of the most powerful discoveries and practices of my life. I learned a direct path to "being in presence" and to connecting to myself in a profound and loving way.
I am living my life more fully and with more joy using what I have learned."