THE YEAR OF
THE BIG SHIFT
An on-demand video course with Ann Weiser Cornell
Do you long to reinvent yourself in this changed world?
Has life thrown you some big curves so you’re not sure of your direction any more? Or you still know your direction—but you’re not sure how to get there?
You can find your inner sense of what’s right for you and forge a new way forward – one that fits both who you are and the changes you’re facing.
Let’s make 2022 your year to re-invent your life!
Do you feel like your life dreams are on hold indefinitely?
Actually, what you want to create with your life could be closer than you think.
That’s because times of change and uncertainty also hold opportunity. And that opportunity isn’t so much to follow a conventional road of achievement and goals — but it’s about finding a way forward that’s unique to who you are.
This program isn’t about a big goal. It’s about a big shift.
That means a big shift in your inner sense of who you are and how you show up in the world… more in alignment with your deepest longings.
This could be exactly the right time to reinvent yourself and step up, into the life you were born for.
Join me for a year-long video-based program, starting January 2022.
“In the midst of winter, I suddenly learned that there is in me an invincible summer.”
I’ve been there…
I remember a time when my whole world was in ashes.
My marriage had ended, my brother and sister were both dying of cancer, and I was handed an eviction notice on the safe cozy cottage where I’d been living. I had no savings. I didn’t know what to do.
One year later, I was a first-time homeowner at age 50, and I was starting a new relationship that has now lasted 20 years.
And truly, if I hadn’t been thrown out of my cottage, and if I hadn’t been in an altered state of mind because of my brother and sister dying, my new life would not have happened. Not then. And maybe never.
And that wasn’t the only time that kind of total crash followed by surprising positive growth has happened to me!
So I do know something about how the phoenix can rise from the ashes. How to find the new way forward within the shock of loss and change.
This course, The Year of the Big Shift, brings together everything I know about how change happens. I’m ready to take you through it and be with you every step of the way.
If you got your fortune told, and it said, “This year you will have a huge positive breakthrough…” — what would be your first thought?
With The Year of the Big Shift On-Demand Program You’ll:
- Discover true clarity about what it is you really want to create with your life
- Move beyond your (previous) limits because you’ll uncover and explore the parts of you that hold you back
- Learn how to ask for and receive support from other people, so you get the priceless benefit of having others on your side as you move forward
- Access your energy and momentum by learning how fears and anxieties can shift to being skills and strengths
- Learn about your rhythms of rest and regeneration so that changing your life doesn’t mean pushing yourself beyond your body’s capacity
- Get in touch with the larger vision and sense of mission that your goal is part of so that larger vision carries you forward with a sense of passion and purpose
If you were 101 years old and looking back on your life, what is one big thing you would regret not doing if you hadn’t done it by then?
What You Can Expect from this Program
- Clarity about what you really want
- Knowing how to revisit and even change your intention — from your inner sense of rightness
- Taking the next step without knowing all the steps
- Learning how to not be crushed by the inner critic… in fact, how to use its energy to carry you forward
- Being able to ask for help and receive it
- Overcoming seemingly insurmountable barriers
- Shifts in the areas of “do I deserve it?” and “is it OK to want it?”
- Holding an intention without becoming rigid
- A greatly expanded sense of who you really are and what is possible for you
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?”
– Mary Oliver
The Structure of the On-Demand Program
This program may be for you if…
- You long to change your life in a big way… and feel frustrated about not having been able to do it till now
- You thought that for various reasons you had to put your dreams on hold.
- You’ve tried to change on your own and struggled enough to know that having support and structure could make all the difference.
- You know deep down that now is your time to make a Big Shift.
Want to know more? Join Ann for a free taste:
What People Are Saying…
- Roni Frost"I grew up with the perception: 'I'm not okay — and everyone else is fine.' This perception made me feel small, incapable and put me in an inferior position in relationships. Now, I can express myself more. I feel more present and even radiant. A full year with Ann Weiser Cornell, focusing step-by-step on your change for the year makes a profound difference in your whole being. It's a gift for life."
- D.K."Before Year of the Big Shift, one of my biggest challenges was a tendency to be critical of some of my emotions. Throughout the course, I've been growing compassion for the young parts of myself that didn't experience a consistent, compassionate, non-judgmental presence. Now, I'm able to notice, much sooner, the tendency to merge with parts of me and I'm growing the ability to unmerge from parts I'd typically identify with. This gives me a sense of being a larger, freer person."
- Sarkis D."Before The Year of the Big Shift, it was a struggle to keep going, to keep striving because I felt disconnected, discouraged, and alone. It was a fight just to stay focused, a fight to follow through, and a fight to realize the outcomes I wanted for my life. Now, life feels like it flows. The magic is back and I can really create and experience my creation. I am eternally grateful to Ann and the whole class for the support and inspiration they provided. This is life-changing stuff!"
- Barbara J. Dickinson"Before The Year of the Big Shift, no matter how nice my life was, I wasn’t able to enjoy it all. I seemed to have everything I wanted but I had an on-going feeling of discomfort and discontent. That felt tragic. Inside I asked myself, “How could I be unhappy? What is the matter with me?”
Through the course, I came to see that I’d been holding on “for dear life” to regrets, possessions, and bodyweight that were unhealthy, didn’t serve me well and made me miserable in an on-going way. So I set out to let go of all this, even though I didn’t know how in the beginning.
Now, I’m growing both personally and professionally. I am mindfully, carefully, and responsibly living into the life I have. I’ve made new friends, traveled a lot, worked on writing projects (have 3 in the pipeline for publication), have pets I love, adopted healthy routines and habits, and am feeling proud and grateful as I share this. I’ve also let go of most of the unnecessary stuff I was keeping around me. All I can say is, “Wow!”
If you’re clear that you want to make a big shift in your life - if you want to move forward instead of being stuck (or worse, moving backward) - take this course. I’ve tried so many other things and cannot offer you any better way to get where you want to go in your life."
- Charles Herr"I started Year of the Big Shift as a hopeful skeptic. I believed a Big Shift was possible. But I was a skeptic in the sense of "Maybe it'll happen--and maybe it won't." The amazing thing is that I have indeed experienced a Big Shift, not as a one-time event that occurred in the past, but in the way I am now living in the present. Tangles are no longer blocks, but exciting opportunities. Life flows more freely. Living unfolds. I live with a sense of excitement about doing my projects. I feel happy."
- Cielle Backstrom"I've been taking courses with Ann Weiser Cornell for over 10 years. Knowing what a great teacher she is was a big draw. And I was not disappointed. There are so many special things about Year of the Big Shift. One of the big ones was a strong sense of support from the other participants. We formed a community very quickly and that was very important to me. Now that I've completed Year of the Big Shift, I can see how it helped me get in touch with hidden parts of myself that held limiting beliefs. Encountering them in new, deeper ways was transformational. Now, I have more spaciousness, compassion, and ease when I approach big life changes."
- Diane W."This is what I've been waiting for... a program that offers unconditional acceptance of all the aspects of personal change! Ann's inspirational teaching and guided exercises combined with the on-going connection of the group are a huge support. Throughout this course, I've made so many changes...and now I'm living my life differently, from a place of deep self-compassion."
- Linda Lid"I came to The Year of the Big Shift to embark on a more creative, whole, happier life. What's so different about this course is that the way of working is so soft and empathic. I realized that making friends with the warring parts inside me means I love myself more and feel happier. I'm appreciating the tools from this course and how they help me move forward as a more empathic leader of my whole self."
About the Teacher
Ann Weiser Cornell
Ann Weiser Cornell struggled with painful addiction, anxiety in social situations, and an inability to do the thing she most wanted to do – write.
Ann created Inner Relationship Focusing with her long-time colleague, Barbara McGavin, to help alleviate the thinking and feeling cycles that kept her stuck in hard places. It changed her life, and it became her mission to help others create quiet miracles in their lives too.
For over 35 years now, Ann’s been teaching this practical, revolutionary process to people all over the world.
How Online Courses Work
We use Ruzuku, an online course content platform, to provide your course materials, recordings, and a discussion forum. During the checkout process, you’ll be invited to create a Ruzuku account (if you don’t already have one) or add the course to your existing Ruzuku account. Please be sure to watch for this step and contact our Customer Happiness Manager right away if you don’t see it.
This program is open to anyone who feels ready to make the commitment.
Continuing Education Credit & Course Completion Certificate
CEUs are not available for this course.
Your course comes with a 100% money-back guarantee. If you let us know within one year after you purchase the course that we didn’t deliver what we said we would, just ask and we’ll cheerfully refund the full course fee.
Is Year of the Big Shift a Focusing course?
Not exactly. Year of the Big Shift is an application of Focusing – a way you can use Focusing processes in a specific area of your life. You don’t have to know Focusing already… but if you do, the exercises will go even deeper for you. If you’d like to learn the entire process of Focusing so you can use it with anything, we invite you to take our Path to Lasting Change courses.
How do I know this will work for me?
Time and again, I’ve watched people transform their lives with these simple processes you can access whenever and wherever you need them. You’ll find the steps are really clear and straightforward. I’ll give you everything you need to get started. If you do the practice part, then you’ll watch your relationship to life shift towards more capacity to pursue your dreams.
How am I going to fit this into my life right now?
The great news is that you can take this course whenever it works for you. You get new content each month, plus lifetime access so you can move through the material at a pace that fits your schedule. The lessons are set up so that you can do them in a way that works with your learning style and your availability.
Really, how much time is it going to take me to get through each lesson?
There are 48 weekly videos. Most videos are less than 18 minutes long and each video contains an exercise you can use to practice, practice, practice.
What's the schedule for the monthly calls?
The calls occur once per month on Mondays from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM Pacific on the following dates:
January 17 | February 7 | March 7 | April 4
May 2 | June 20 | July 11 | August 8
September 12 | October 10 | November 7 | December 12
Do I get access to the course all at once?
No. You’ll have access to the first Module of the course as soon as you sign up. Every month, you’ll get a new module released to you. We provide the content in ‘small bites’ like this because we really want you to get the shift that’s possible each month. Taking time to practice the material and move forward in small, consistent steps supports you in making the kinds of changes you really want to make.
Tell me more about the classroom environment and how course content is provided?
Sure. The classroom is virtual and taught in a learning platform called Ruzuku. Each month you’ll find new content available. Materials are provided via a combination of video and written content. There is a forum so you can connect with other program participants and be part of a dynamic learning community. And you get lifetime access to all of it. Go through it once and come back anytime you need some extra support to handle life!
Can my friend and I share the course?
Thanks for asking. Each course is licensed to a single user – you! While we can’t authorize you to share the materials, we’d love to have your friend participate too. You can invite them to join the program by sending them this link: https://focusingresources.com/?portfolio=year-big-shift