Do you long for big change but don’t know where to start?
Is there a big dream you’ve tried to accomplish yet always fell short?
Will 2020 be your year to shift — at last?
What will your change be?
Let’s discover your big dream and make it a reality… In a year-long journey… Together.
What is different and special about this program?
There are lots of “goals” programs out there.
Most of them start with getting specific about your goal and making it measurable. That much more income, or that many more clients.
But what if the idea of having a “goal” like that feels more like a straight-jacket? What if you want to nurture and follow a dream of a more meaningful life that can’t be slotted into the structure of having a specific and measurable outcome?
This program isn’t about a big goal. It’s about a big shift.
That means a big shift in your inner sense of who you are and how you show up in the world… more in alignment with your deepest longings.
I’ve created exercises and structured processes that are specifically for bringing your precious vision into reality… whatever it is!
Join me for a year-long video-based program, starting January 2020.
Go for the the moon! Now’s your chance!
I’ve been there, perhaps my struggles sound like yours…
I’m Ann Weiser Cornell, and it has been my life’s work to help people transform in the places they are stuck — starting with myself. And believe me, I needed it!
- I had complete writer’s block.
- I was unable to make phone calls if they were important.
- I thought I could never own a home.
- My business used to run out of a room in my apartment and barely supported me.
- And I know what it’s like to be so unclear about what I really want and how that matches up with what I am “meant” to do… that it takes months to even begin to articulate it.
Big life shifts are not simple.
There’s a lot going on. But all of it can change. I know about making big changes. And I can help you make the big shift that you want to make.
Why We Don’t Achieve Our Big Dreams (Click to read more)
In surveying people on our list, we asked what is the biggest factor holding them back from going after their big dreams.
The top answer was the inner critic – that undermining, doubting voice that makes you believe you’re not good enough. Is that a big one for you too?
Do you hold yourself back in a smaller sphere because when you think about moving out of it, you get scared and feel that you can’t do it?
The inner critic is always about fear and doubt. Always. 100% of the time.
It’s not reality, it doesn’t tell the truth, even if it has a lot of so-called “evidence” on its side. It’s actually trying to save you… saying anything that will stop you from doing what it thinks is dangerous to you.
I know how to help you shift your inner critic. My own inner critic has gone almost completely quiet… and when it does come up, I can shift it in a few minutes.
Did you know there are actually two kinds of inner critic that get in the way when you are going after a big dream?
There’s the one that undermines you, that says you can’t do it, that you of all people do not have what it takes. And then there’s the one that pushes you, that says “What’s wrong with you that you haven’t achieved more in your life? Just try harder!”
In a way the second one is even more insidious… because it seems to be on your side, but actually it can suck all the joy out of your dream faster than a minute. It doesn’t help. It hurts.
How do you move forward if you don’t have an inner mean voice slogging you on? If you don’t know, I’d love to show you!
The second answer was the lack of clarity.
In that same survey, people told us that the second biggest reason for not achieving that big dream is lack of clarity on exactly what you want.
That makes sense! Without clarity, it’s hard to feel passion and commitment and really make something happen.
But you can’t just wave a magic wand and get clear.
Getting clarity is a process. And it’s a process I know all about. I know how to help you start with a vague, unclear feeling and follow it with patience and intention until it opens up into something you never could have imagined…. and that feels really right for you.
I don’t expect you to get clear in a moment, or in a few weeks. We’ll keep returning to the formulation of the goal, because part of what we’re learning how to do is hold the intention with loose fingers and allow it to develop and evolve.
This program is not about just setting a goal and muscling ahead!
We will be spending a lot of time with critics and lack of clarity… and other obstacles… and we’ll be finding the gifts of healing in each of them so they resolve and release… and your movement toward your goal becomes joyful and fulfilling and easy. That’s how it should be!
With The Year of the Big Shift On-Demand Program You’ll:
- Discover true clarity about your intention, your steps and your outcomes
- Experience yourself moving forward beyond your (previous) limits because you’ll uncover and explore the parts of you that hold you back
- Learn how to ask for and receive support from other people, so you get the priceless benefit of having others on your side as you move forward
- Access your energy and momentum by finding out what’s in your way (now or in the past) – and learning how fears and anxieties can shift to being skills and strengths
- Get in touch with the larger vision and sense of mission that your goal is part of so that larger vision carries you forward with a sense of passion and purpose
- Achieve one big shift, something you’ve wanted for a long time, but simply haven’t gotten there… Something you take on with a full commitment and accomplish within the year.
If you were 101 years old and looking back on your life, what is one big thing you would regret not doing if you hadn’t done it by then?
What You Can Expect from this Program
- Clarity about your goal – what you really want
- Knowing how to revisit and even change your intention — from your inner sense of rightness
- Taking the next step without knowing all the steps
- Learning how to not be crushed by the inner critic… in fact how to use its energy to carry you forward
- Being able to ask for help and receive it
- Overcoming seemingly insurmountable barriers
- Shifts in the areas of “do I deserve it?” and “is it OK to want it?”
- Holding an intention without becoming rigid
- A greatly expanded sense of who you really are and what is possible for you
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” – Mary Oliver
The Structure of the On-Demand Program
This program may be for you if…
- You long to change your life in a big way… and feel frustrated about not having been able to do it till now
- You’ve tried to change on your own and struggled enough to know that having support and structure could make all the difference.
- You are ready to commit to doing the work… And you know that now is your time to make a Big Shift.
The Year of the Big Shift
One-Year On-Demand Video Course
Begins January 2020.
Unlimited, lifetime access to The Year of the Big Shift online course
Taught by Ann Weiser Cornell
Join me for The Year of the Big Shift and receive:
- 12 monthly themes that make up a journey of exploration and transformation
- 48 exercises by video to do at your own pace over the course of the full year
- A community of supportive people making big shifts, so you’re not in it alone
- Six Q&A Meetings by Zoom
Payment and additional details
Cost: $457 December 2 to 6, 2020, $557 after.
Installment Plan: Option to pay in 3 installments displays on last page of checkout, processing fees apply.
Don’t Miss Out: The last day to register is January 10, 2020
What People Are Saying…
- Barbara J. Dickinson"Before The Year of the Big Shift, no matter how nice my life was, I wasn’t able to enjoy it all. I seemed to have everything I wanted but I had an on-going feeling of discomfort and discontent. That felt tragic. Inside I asked myself, “How could I be unhappy? What is the matter with me?”
Through the course, I came to see that I’d been holding on “for dear life” to regrets, possessions, and bodyweight that were unhealthy, didn’t serve me well and made me miserable in an on-going way. So I set out to let go of all this, even though I didn’t know how in the beginning.
Now, I’m growing both personally and professionally. I am mindfully, carefully, and responsibly living into the life I have. I’ve made new friends, traveled a lot, worked on writing projects (have 3 in the pipeline for publication), have pets I love, adopted healthy routines and habits, and am feeling proud and grateful as I share this. I’ve also let go of most of the unnecessary stuff I was keeping around me. All I can say is, “Wow!”
If you’re clear that you want to make a big shift in your life - if you want to move forward instead of being stuck (or worse, moving backward) - take this course. I’ve tried so many other things and cannot offer you any better way to get where you want to go in your life."
- Charles Herr"I started Year of the Big Shift as a hopeful skeptic. I believed a Big Shift was possible. But I was a skeptic in the sense of "Maybe it'll happen--and maybe it won't." The amazing thing is that I have indeed experienced a Big Shift, not as a one-time event that occurred in the past, but in the way I am now living in the present. Tangles are no longer blocks, but exciting opportunities. Life flows more freely. Living unfolds. I live with a sense of excitement about doing my projects. I feel happy."
- Cielle Backstrom"I've been taking courses with Ann Weiser Cornell for over 10 years. Knowing what a great teacher she is was a big draw. And I was not disappointed. There are so many special things about Year of the Big Shift. One of the big ones was a strong sense of support from the other participants. We formed a community very quickly and that was very important to me. Now that I've completed Year of the Big Shift, I can see how it helped me get in touch with hidden parts of myself that held limiting beliefs. Encountering them in new, deeper ways was transformational. Now, I have more spaciousness, compassion, and ease when I approach big life changes."
- Diane W."This is what I've been waiting for... a program that offers unconditional acceptance of all the aspects of personal change! Ann's inspirational teaching and guided exercises combined with the on-going connection of the group are a huge support. Throughout this course, I've made so many changes...and now I'm living my life differently, from a place of deep self-compassion."
- Linda Lid"I came to The Year of the Big Shift to embark on a more creative, whole, happier life. What's so different about this course is that the way of working is so soft and empathic. I realized that making friends with the warring parts inside me means I love myself more and feel happier. I'm appreciating the tools from this course and how they help me move forward as a more empathic leader of my whole self."
About the Teacher
Ann Weiser Cornell
Ann Weiser Cornell struggled with painful addiction, anxiety in social situations, and an inability to do the thing she most wanted to do – write.
Ann created Inner Relationship Focusing with her long-time colleague, Barbara McGavin, to help alleviate the thinking and feeling cycles that kept her stuck in hard places. It changed her life, and it became her mission to help others create quiet miracles in their lives too.
For over 35 years now, Ann’s been teaching this practical, revolutionary process to people all over the world.
How Online Courses Work
We use Ruzuku, an online course content platform, to provide your course materials, recordings, and a discussion forum. During the checkout process, you’ll be invited to create a Ruzuku account (if you don’t already have one) or add the course to your existing Ruzuku account. Please be sure to watch for this step and contact our Customer Happiness Manager right away if you don’t see it.
This program is open to anyone who feels ready to make the commitment.
Continuing Education Credit & Course Completion Certificate
CEUs are not available for this course.
Your course comes with a 100% money-back guarantee. If you let us know within one year after you purchase the course that we didn’t deliver what we said we would, just ask and we’ll cheerfully refund the full course fee.
Is Year of the Big Shift a Focusing course?
Not exactly. Year of the Big Shift is an application of Focusing – a way you can use Focusing processes in a specific area of your life. If you’d like to learn the entire process of Focusing so you can use it with anything, we invite you to take our Path to Lasting Change courses.
How do I know this will work for me?
Time and again, I’ve watched people transform their lives with these simple processes you can access whenever and wherever you need them. You’ll find the steps are really clear and straightforward. I’ll give you everything you need to get started. If you do the practice part, then you’ll watch your relationship to life shift towards more capacity to pursue your dreams.
How am I going to fit this into my life right now?
The great news is that you can take this course whenever it works for you. You get content when you want it, plus lifetime access. No stressing out about being somewhere on time. Way less pressure to move through the material at a pace that might not fit for you. The lessons are set up so that you can do them in a way that works with your learning style and your availability.
Really, how much time is it going to take me to get through each lesson?
There are 48 weekly videos. Most videos are less than 18 minutes long and each video contains an exercise you can use to practice, practice, practice.
Do I get access to the course all at once?
No. You’ll have access to the first Module of the course as soon as you sign up. Every month, you’ll get a new module released to you. We provide the content in ‘small bites’ like this because we really want you to get the shift that’s possible each month. Taking time to practice the material and move forward in small, consistent steps supports you in making the kinds of changes you really want to make.
Tell me more about the classroom environment and how course content is provided?
Sure. The classroom is virtual and taught in a learning platform called Ruzuku. Each month you’ll find new content available. Materials are provided via a combination of video and written content. There is a forum so you can connect with other program participants and be part of a dynamic learning community. And you get lifetime access to all of it. Go through it once and come back anytime you need some extra support to handle life!
Can my friend and I share the course?
Thanks for asking. Each course is licensed to a single user – you! While we can’t authorize you to share the materials, we’d love to have your friend participate too. You can invite them to join the program by sending them this link: https://focusingresources.com/?portfolio=year-big-shift