Do you long for big change but don’t know where to start?
Is there a big dream you’ve tried to accomplish yet always fell short?
Will 2019 be your year to shift — at last?
What will your change be?
Let’s discover your big dream and make it a reality… In a year-long journey… Together.
What is different and special about this program?
There are lots of “goals” programs out there.
Most of them start with getting specific about your goal and making it measurable. That much more income, or that many more clients.
But what if the idea of having a “goal” like that feels more like a straight-jacket? What if you want to nurture and follow a dream of a more meaningful life that can’t be slotted into the structure of having a specific and measurable outcome?
This program isn’t about a big goal. It’s about a big shift.
That means a big shift in your inner sense of who you are and how you show up in the world… more in alignment with your deepest longings.
I’m using everything I already know AND I’ve created new exercises and structured processes that are specifically for bringing your precious vision into reality… whatever it is!
Join me for a year-long program, starting January 14, 2019.
Go for the the moon! Now’s your chance!
I’ve been there, perhaps my struggles sound like yours…
I’m Ann Weiser Cornell, and it has been my life’s work to help people transform in the places they are stuck — starting with myself. And believe me, I needed it!
- I had complete writer’s block.
- I was unable to make phone calls if they were important.
- I thought I could never own a home.
- My business used to run out of a room in my apartment and barely supported me.
- And I know what it’s like to be so unclear about what I really want and how that matches up with what I am “meant” to do… that it takes months to even begin to articulate it.
Big life shifts are not simple.
There’s a lot going on. But all of it can change. I know about making big changes. And I can help you make the big shift that you want to make.
Why We Don’t Achieve Our Big Dreams (Click to read more)
In surveying people on our list, we asked what is the biggest factor holding them back from going after their big dreams.
The top answer was the inner critic – that undermining, doubting voice that makes you believe you’re not good enough. Is that a big one for you too?
Do you hold yourself back in a smaller sphere because when you think about moving out of it, you get scared and feel that you can’t do it?
The inner critic is always about fear and doubt. Always. 100% of the time.
It’s not reality, it doesn’t tell the truth, even if it has a lot of so-called “evidence” on its side. It’s actually trying to save you… saying anything that will stop you from doing what it thinks is dangerous to you.
I know how to help you shift your inner critic. My own inner critic has gone almost completely quiet… and when it does come up, I can shift it in a few minutes.
Did you know there are actually two kinds of inner critic that get in the way when you are going after a big dream?
There’s the one that undermines you, that says you can’t do it, that you of all people do not have what it takes. And then there’s the one that pushes you, that says “What’s wrong with you that you haven’t achieved more in your life? Just try harder!”
In a way the second one is even more insidious… because it seems to be on your side, but actually it can suck all the joy out of your dream faster than a minute. It doesn’t help. It hurts.
How do you move forward if you don’t have an inner mean voice slogging you on? If you don’t know, I’d love to show you!
The second answer was the lack of clarity.
In that same survey, people told us that the second biggest reason for not achieving that big dream is lack of clarity on exactly what you want.
That makes sense! Without clarity, it’s hard to feel passion and commitment and really make something happen.
But you can’t just wave a magic wand and get clear.
Getting clarity is a process. And it’s a process I know all about. I know how to help you start with a vague, unclear feeling and follow it with patience and intention until it opens up into something you never could have imagined…. and that feels really right for you.
I don’t expect you to get clear in a moment, or in a few weeks. We’ll keep returning to the formulation of the goal, because part of what we’re learning how to do is hold the intention with loose fingers and allow it to develop and evolve.
This program is not about just setting a goal and muscling ahead!
We will be spending a lot of time with critics and lack of clarity… and other obstacles… and we’ll be finding the gifts of healing in each of them so they resolve and release… and your movement toward your goal becomes joyful and fulfilling and easy. That’s how it should be!
With The Year of the Big Shift You’ll:
- Discover true clarity about your intention, your steps and your outcomes
- Experience yourself moving forward beyond your (previous) limits because you’ll uncover and explore the parts of you that hold you back
- Learn how to ask for and receive support from other people, so you get the priceless benefit of having others on your side as you move forward
- Access your energy and momentum by finding out what’s in your way (now or in the past) – and learning how fears and anxieties can shift to being skills and strengths
- Get in touch with the larger vision and sense of mission that your goal is part of so that larger vision carries you forward with a sense of passion and purpose
- Achieve one big shift, something you’ve wanted for a long time, but simply haven’t gotten there… Something you take on with a full commitment and accomplish within the year.
If you were 101 years old and looking back on your life, what is one big thing you would regret not doing if you hadn’t done it by then?
What You Can Expect from this Program
- Clarity about your goal – what you really want
- Knowing how to revisit and even change your intention — from your inner sense of rightness
- Taking the next step without knowing all the steps
- Learning how to not be crushed by the inner critic… in fact how to use its energy to carry you forward
- Being able to ask for help and receive it
- Overcoming seemingly insurmountable barriers
- Shifts in the areas of “do I deserve it?” and “is it OK to want it?”
- Holding an intention without becoming rigid
- A greatly expanded sense of who you really are and what is possible for you
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” – Mary Oliver
The Structure of the Program
This program may be for you if…
- You long to change your life in a big way… and feel frustrated about not having been able to do it till now
- You’ve tried to change on your own and struggled enough to know that having support and structure could make all the difference.
- You are ready to commit to doing the work… And you know that now is your time to make a Big Shift.
Save $220: Early Registration Price $1995 until December 11th!
Get started with a $500 deposit or pay in full.
Want to talk about it before you decide? I’m happy to chat with you about whether this course is right for you.
Just email me and we’ll find a time.
What People Are Saying…
- Diane W."This is what I've been waiting for... a program that offers unconditional acceptance of all the aspects of personal change! Ann's inspirational teaching and guided exercises combined with the on-going connection of the group are a huge support. Throughout this course, I've made so many changes...and now I'm living my life differently, from a place of deep self-compassion."
- Linda Lid"I came to The Year of the Big Shift to embark on a more creative, whole, happier life. What's so different about this course is that the way of working is so soft and empathic. I realized that making friends with the warring parts inside me means I love myself more and feel happier. I'm appreciating the tools from this course and how they help me move forward as a more empathic leader of my whole self."
- Barbara D."Halfway through the Big Shift course, I'm already enjoying a heightened awareness of how my life has brought me to this moment, and how I want to go forward. Awareness for me is the key to achieving a purpose-driven life - to be useful, serene, grateful, accepting, to be conservative of my resources, yet generous and supportive."
About the Teacher
Ann Weiser Cornell
Ann Weiser Cornell struggled with painful addiction, anxiety in social situations, and an inability to do the thing she most wanted to do – write.
Ann created Inner Relationship Focusing with her long-time colleague, Barbara McGavin, to help alleviate the thinking and feeling cycles that kept her stuck in hard places. It changed her life, and it became her mission to help others create quiet miracles in their lives too.
For over 35 years now, Ann’s been teaching this practical, revolutionary process to people all over the world.
How Online Courses Work
We use Zoom, an online video conference platform, to connect you to other students and the teacher. Before the class starts you will receive a Zoom link to use each time the class meets. You can join us via your camera-equipped computer, tablet, or smart phone. Prefer not to be on video? You can turn off your camera. Don’t want to call via computer? You can call in by phone. Zoom is free and easy to use. You will be able to sign on in advance to make sure you can access it, but we’ve had very few problems with it. Students also receive access to a private webpage where course materials can be found.
We use Ruzuku, an online course content platform, to provide your course materials, recordings, and a discussion forum. During the checkout process, you’ll be invited to create a Ruzuku account (if you don’t already have one) or add the course to your existing Ruzuku account. Please be sure to watch for this step and contact our Customer Happiness Manager right away if you don’t see it.
This program is open to anyone who feels ready to make the commitment.
The exercises in the program are based on Focusing. If you have previous Focusing training, your benefit from the program will be even greater. You may also want to take Focusing courses simultaneously with the Big Shift program. If you want to discuss your readiness for the Big Shift program, please email Ann to set up a chat.
Continuing Education Credit & Course Completion Certificate
Course meets the qualifications for 48 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Focusing Resources, CAMFT Approved CE Provider #62524.
Focusing Resources is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs. Focusing Resources maintains responsibility for this course and its content.
There is a $25 administrative fee for CE units. Course completion certificates are awarded at the end of the course upon completion of all requirements and the course evaluation. (If you don’t want CE units but would like a completion certificate, the $25 fee does still apply.)
Eligibility for CE units requires at least 80% live attendance. Missed classes must be made up.
Cancellations, Changes & Refunds
Until end of day January 7, 2019: We will refund your course fee less the $250 non-refundable portion of your deposit.
From January 8, 2019 onward: 100% of course fees are non-refundable.
When Something Doesn't Go As You'd Hoped...
We are always open to discussing experiences with our courses that didn’t work for you or didn’t go the way you expected. Depending on the circumstances, you may want to email your course instructor, the staff member in charge of your course, or Ann Weiser Cornell. Email addresses for all these people will be supplied on registration. We will work with you to find a way to meet your needs.